Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Ready to dive back in

It's been two weeks since I was forced to stop running due to a muscle pull in my right calf. The first week I was in great discomfort due to the injury then, early last week, I picked a nasty cold virus that literally knocked me off my feet for a few days.

I'm just now starting to feel normal and in the mood to re-start the fitness program. The good news is that my coach advises me I'm well ahead in my training regimen and can afford some time off. And I've received some great support from a number of people.

Tomorrow I get back on my schedule with some cardio and light workouts on the treadmill for the balance of the week. The weather has changed and is milder. However, I'm not planning any outdoor runs for the next week or so, until I'm sure my injury is healed. My biggest concern is getting back into the daily discipline of exercise. The rest will take care of itself.

until next week,

Michael

No comments: