Wednesday, March 14, 2007

A wake up call

After crafting last week's positive-feeling update, I sent off a quick message to my coach to inform him of my renewed enthusiasm. He sent me a short reply that included the simple fact that I only have about 11 weeks of training left before the Marathon. Boy, talk about a wake up call!! And here I've been sitting back, resting on my laurels. As I write this note I'm accutely aware that I'm now at the ten-week mark.

The good news is that in realizing this fact, I have implemeted a plan to get to, and stay in, peak physical condition as my injury heals. Last week I started a non-running program that includes two hours per day of training. I've discovered a whole new world in eliptical training, spinning classes and swimming laps at the local pool. And I've realized I don't mind these alternate fitness options that I never would have explored had it not been for my current situation.

And I think I've finally found a resource to resolve my injury issue. This morning I visited a massage therapist who did a great job not only on addressing my injury point, but as an avid runner was able to suggest a short term program to get back on the street, so to speak.

until next week.

Michael

No comments: