Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Back in the saddle.

I am finally out of the doldrums. Even though I'm still feeling the effects of my calf injury, I seem to have a new perspective. I have re-started my exercise program with spinning classes the last two evenings. What a workout!! One positive by-product is that my wife came with me on Monday. She enjoyed the session and wants to go back.

I continue to use physio on my calf and have not run in the last four weeks. So I know I'm already starting to lose to momentum in my fitness level. My goal for this week is to string together a number of consecutive exercise days to get myself back into the groove. I find it truly amazing that, in the blink of eye it seems, I've lost almost a month of training.

So mentally I'm back into PMO (positive mental attitude). The challenge will now be to resist the tempation to get back into my running program until my injury is fully healed. To this end, I intend to stay focused on non-running activities until at least the end of this week. I have a number of options and intend to keep re-building my strength and stamina.

until next week,

Michael

No comments: